It is till unknown as to how the group ended up ingesting the banned substance rather than a homeopathic remedy. At a conference held in Handeloh outside Hamburg, Germany, a group of 29 homeopaths were hospitalized after a mass overdose of the designer drug 2C-E. The substance has been illegal in Germany since last year.
- The psychotropic substance is known to combine the euphoria of ecstasy or MDMA with the hallucinatory experiences of LSD.
- None of the victims reportedly suffered lasting physical damage.
- Reports state that several people attending one of the seminars that the designer drug’s consumption had been part of a group experiment that healers had conducted on themselves.